Monday 10 January 2011

Why I want to study Fashion Design

Coco Chanel once said "In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different" and it is by no means do aim to be replaceable. The thing I love most about Fashion Design is the ability to be as individual and create as you like, and yes sometimes it is easy to get carried away with too much detail to a design but I don’t think that it’s right to be penalised for having the courage to exaggerate. The reason I want to study Fashion Design is simply because I enjoy it, I love it. When thinking of the future I cannot imagine myself in any other industry, I belong in Fashion. I suppose my early inspiration came from my mother, growing up she was a very fashion forward woman, always keeping up with latest trends in Vogue magazine, always experimenting with different colours, mix and matching. From the work that I have submitted, I think it does show a wide variety of what I am capable of doing. The thing that is most important to me about my work is that i enjoy it; I enjoy creating every single piece that I do, especially the Fashion side of my work. When set a task I am a perfectionist and I do not mind spending hours outside of the classroom finishing off work that I’ve been set, in fact I enjoy it and I think that is the main reason why I know that Fashion Design is what I want to do.  I hope you will give me the opportunity to prove that I can do this, and there is a niche in the market for a new designer.

3 comments:

  1. Very happy to say your post is very interesting to read.I never stop myself to say something about it.You’re doing a great job.Keep it up

    Fashion Designing College

    ReplyDelete
  2. Include 1-2 images in the blog and your blog can be very interesting to read on. To add in the blog, I would like to say that fashion designing course in jaipur can be a very good choice as the city of jaipur is fast becoming a worldwide name in the field.

    ReplyDelete